Saturday 18 January 2014

Lesson #11

This lesson, we met Photoshop. I wasn't exactly looking forward to using Photoshop after the horror we experienced with Illustrator as we were working on our logo and mascot CA. However, it was a little more fun then expected! And I guess Photoshop (to me) is more useful as I could just edit photos for fun after mastering the basic skills, rather then illustrator which I can only use to draw.

We were introduced to the basic tools: hue & saturation, brightness & contrast, levels, curves and sharpen. It seemed a little complicated at first, but I think we got the hang of it pretty quickly.


This is an example of the basic image editing from lesson slides. It is an example of using the hue and saturation curve for editing.
Then we had to do our own editing with our own photos with friends.


This is my attempt with the hue and saturation curve.

We then learnt about the lasso tool, crop, clone, eraser etc.


An example from lesson slides, in which I think the clone tool was used. We were told that in skin care advertisements, the clone tool is used to erase their pimples or flaws on their faces.



This is my attempt to remove the sunglasses on Valerie's head.

We were then taught the lasso tool, which was the main thing in cropping a certain part of a picture out and pasting it on another cleanly. It was a little hard to use as I kept going off the outline of the object I'm supposed to crop.



My attempt on using the lasso tool to crop the mask out and pasting it on the lion.



No comments:

Post a Comment